Here is a collection of dessert recipes to try on Valentine’s day. I’ve tried to select my favorite 5 recipes from different types of dessert category. I’ve included eggless and no bake desserts too.
Hope you get to try some of these…
I’ve seen many people who aren’t comfortable with the idea of baking. What I like most about No Bake Desserts is it’s simplicity and ease. Just mix together a few good ingredients and you end up with a fabulous dish!
Here’s my pick of No Bake Desserts
- No Bake Cheesecake With Jelly Topping – It has the colour red, if you are into that sort of thing and apart from the visual treat, it tastes great too!
- Salted Caramel Panna Cotta – Well, this is a Pinterest fav dessert. It’s one of my most pinned recipes. Also, I’m game for salted caramel desserts anytime, anywhere.
- Rainbow Pudding – It has something for everybody. It has vanilla, coffee and chocolate. Also it’s pretty cute ;)
- No Bake Tiramisu – Well, if you are looking for something a bit fancy, this is your dessert. Dont let the fancy part discourage you, it’s an easy one!
- Caramel Custard – Old is gold! If you want to go with something simple and traditional, here is our caramel custard, a classic recipe which is my all time fav dessert.
Honestly I was quite surprised, initially, to see the number of people who are specifically looking for eggless desserts. Over the years, I’ve tried to keep posting more such recipes. Eggless or not, it doesn’t make a difference to me, all is good that tastes good!
Here’s my pick of Eggless Desserts
- Dates And Butterscotch Self Saucing Pudding – I’d love a portion of this yummy dessert right now! It’s an eggless version of the sticky toffee pudding. I love everything about this dessert, super easy to make, wonderful texture and tastes great! Add a scoop of your fav ice cream and it’s perfect!
- Pineapple Bread Pudding – I always have a soft corner for bread pudding. It’s something that reminds me of my childhood. Though this is a cold dessert, it has a warm feeling to it.
- Eggless Chocolate Souffle – This is something a chocoholic will love. A simple and easy dessert to make and served in a single bowl, looks and tastes wont disappoint you.
- Eggless Hot Fudge Sundae Cake – This warm and gooey dessert is very much apt for the cold weather that we are having now. It’s a no fuss recipe and it’s kinda healthy too, it uses whole wheat flour.
- Eggless Chocolate Cake – This is one of the most popular cake recipes here on MM. It’s a straight forward recipe, with simple ingredients. Top it with icing and you are grand!
If you are a regular here, you might be familiar with my love for plain cakes. I find it really hard to say “No” to a slice of a good old plain cake. Btw, dont get fooled by the title plain cakes, they are cakes with no icing, but some great twists and toppings, which are irresistible.
Here’s my pick of Plain Cakes
- Orange Pound Cake – I’m in love with this cake and also in love with it’s picture ;) Like I’ve said in my write up of this cake, it’s one of the best cakes that I’ve baked so far! It comes strongly recommended from my end.
- Pineapple With Crunchy Coconut Topping – This is a good plain cake with a wonderful crunchy topping. The combination of Pineapple and coconut gives it a great lift!
- Butterscotch Surprise Cake – This is a plain cake that will make you fall for it by it’s visual appearence and by taste and texture. The combination of buttery vanilla cake with the butterscotch custard is a fabulous combination.
- Lemon Pistachio Cake – Now, what can I say about this cake. I was very excited to bake this cake, since it’s a different one from the usual cake recipes. The combination of Lemon and Pistachio is a classic one and the texture contrasts of the Lemon buttery cake and Pistachio shortbread crust is something that you should experience.
- Coffee Cake – There is some magic in cake with crumb toppings. I guess it’s the textural contrast that gives the special effects to this cake. If you havent tried this kinda cake, you are missing something my friend.
Cupcakes are these cute little things which are impossible to say no to. Also, it’s something that works well both for kids and adults alike.
Here’s my pick of Cupcake Recipes
- Vanilla Buttermilk Cupcakes With Caramel Icing – Since it’s Valentines and all, let me start with Jose’s fav cupcake. If you ask him, what’s his fav among my dishes, you are likely to get this as the answer :) Every b’day and anniversary, he wants me to bake this one and I’ve no complaints since it’s kinda my fav too ;)
- Carrot Cupcake With Cream Cheese icing – I love this recipe, because of it’s simplicity. Also, it’s different from the standard flavours. The slightly salty cream cheese icing works really well with this moist carrot cupcake.
- Nutella And Chocolate Cupcake – If you like the combination of Nutella and Chocolate, look no further. The Nutella filling in the middle of the cupcake turns out to be a wonderful surprise.
- Coffee Cupcakes – If I need to list my fav flavours, coffee has a sure spot. I love coffee flavour in desserts. This cupcake has the right amount of coffee flavour to keep you hooked.
- Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes – This is one of the first eggless baking recipes that I’ve tried. You can bake this as a cake too. It’s a good Vanilla cake /cupcake recipe that you can pair with different toppings like chocolate, butterscotch, strawberry, pineapple etc;
Here are some show stopper desserts. These are mostly layered cakes. If you are big on Valentines day celebrations, you can try one of these.
Here’s my pick of Party Cakes
- Red Velvet Poke Cake – This is kinda ultimate dessert. A base red velvet cake soaked in condensed milk and topped with cream cheese icing! I’m sure the description itself makes you hungry. This is a crowd pleaser dessert and kinda no fail one.
- Chocolate Flan Cake – This dessert is an absolute show stopper. It’s a rich and luxurious dessert in terms of tastes and ingredients. If you are looking to make something real fancy, stunning dessert, this is your pick.
- Chocolate Cake With Nutella Icing and Praline – This is one of my fav chocolate cake recipes. Unlike the usual chocolate cake recipes, it uses butter instead of oil. I love the texture of this cake, it’s a bit dense, but has fine crumbs. The combination of Nutella icing and praline takes it to the next level.
- Pineapple Praline Cake – This is the kind of pastry that I had while growing up. A simple fatless sponge cake filled with fruit and whipped cream and topped with praline. It’s basic flavour combinations, but spot on when it comes to taste. You can sub pineapple with fruits of your choice.
- Super Moist Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Buttercream and Ganache – The cake recipe for this one is the simplest one that you’ll come across. Let me guarantee you, it’s a no fail chocolate cake recipe. The chocolate buttercream and ganache converts this ordinary chocolate cake into an extraordinary dessert!
I do hope you get to try something from this list of wonderful desserts. Happy eating :)