We are meeting after a small gap I guess? Yeah…my last post was around Easter time. I was hoping to say hi to you in between but didnt work out. Something or the other popped up just like that. Anyways, what news at your end?
I'm here with a baking recipe after a long time. It's mainly because baking has taken a back seat recently. I was trying so hard to cut down on my sugar & butter intake, but it only increased my cravings & ended up having more from outside :( Anyways I baked these cupcakes when some friends came over. It was such a pleasure to bake after a long time & these little cuties did a good job in motivating me to start baking again. After all there is nothing like good old vanilla cake smothered with chocolate frosting.
Btw, I didnt tell you..these are eggless cupcakes. Though I've posted some eggless bakes before, it's not party stuff…That was mainly some healthy bakes. Nothing wrong with that, but I do prefer some sugar & butter high when I'm in a mood to celebrate :) Yep, I'm in a mood to celebrate. You remember Adi boy, my nephew? Well, I've two nephews now, my brother & family is blessed with a cute little fella, Siddharth on 5th May. I'm so looking forward to meet him & also my niece Liana :)
Talking about celebration, no celebration is complete without chocolates, right? Check out See's Candies. They have a great collection of chocolates designed for special occasions like these. Their varieties include truffles, candy bars, sugar free etc; I'd like to try their Springtime Truffles, it looks so delicate & smooth. I'm sure they will make an awesome gift item too. I for sure dont mind receiving a beautifully wrapped Chocolate Box as a gift ;)
Now, shall we hop on to the recipe?
Here we go…
- 2.5 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Soda Bicarbonate
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 cup Butter (170 gm, softened)
- 1 cup Yogurt (room temp)
- 1/2 cup Hot Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
Hersheys “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2 cup Butter (113 gms )
- 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 3 cups Powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup Milk/water
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven @ 180 C, 10 minutes before baking.
- Sift together all purpose flour, baking powder & soda bicarbonate. Beat softened butter, powdered sugar, hot milk, yogurt & vanilla essence together till light & fluffy. Fold in the sifted flour. Line a muffin/cupcake tray with liners. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 mins.
- Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk/water, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk/water, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.