Here is the recipe…
- 2 cups Atta / Wheat flour
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 cups Jaggery / Brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp Soda bicarbonate
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2/3 cup Oil (I used sunflower oil)
- Chopped nuts – for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Blend curd,water & oil in another bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend well. Bring it into dripping consistency. Add more water if required. Finally add the chopped nuts. Oil the bottom of s baking dish and pour the batter to the prepared tin. Bake for half hour. It can be stored in fridge for more than a week. Enjoy it!
- Update: One of my readers, Sheen has tried this cake in microwave and it came out well for her. If you are interested in baking in MW, please refer to Sheen’s comment below.
Check out a healthy cookie recipe here.