This cake can also be called a guilt free cake, yes it doesn’t have eggs, butter and not even white flour. This is one of the best ever low cal/fat stuff that I ever had and believe me the taste is too good for a low fat stuff. This is pretty moist also. So all in all this is a must try for all those cake lovers who are worried about the high calories in the normal cake. I got the recipe from one of my friend’s. She got it from the internet, but she doesn’t remember the site, I googled it hoping to find the site, but couldn’t. Anyways here goes the recipe of this amazing low carb cake.
- Atta/Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Cinnamon – 2 teaspoon
- Jaggery/Brown sugar – 2 cups
- Soda bicarbonate – 1½ teaspoon
- Baking powder – ½ teaspoon
- Curd – 1 cup
- Water – ¾ cup
- Cooking oil – ⅔ cup
- Chopped nuts – for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Blend curd,water & oil in another bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend well. Bring it into dripping consistency. Add more water if required. Finally add the chopped nuts. Oil the bottom of s baking dish and pour the batter to the prepared tin. Bake for half hour. It can be stored in fridge for more than a week. Enjoy it!
- Update: One of my readers, Sheen has tried this cake in microwave and it came out well for her. If you are interested in baking in MW, please refer to Sheen’s comment below.
This picture was sent by Shruthi, one of the readers of MriasMenu. This is her take on the above cake. Thank you so much Shruthi :)
Check out a healthy cookie recipe here.