This is something that I make very often. I’ve listed out some of the reasons why I make it…
- I make it when I’ve some left over cooked pasta or veggies
- I make it when I need to do a fridge clean up and use bits and pieces of carrot, tomato or cheese
- I make it when I’m busy so that I don't have to spend too much time in the kitchen
- I make it when I want to eat something filling, something rich, but not too much of an indulgence too, got the point?
- Finally, we both just love this dish
Ok, I do hope by now you are convinced to give this recipe a try. This is a very versatile recipe. You can add any veggies or meat of your choice. You can make it as simple or as extravagant you want. You can have a decent filling, healthy meal with minimum efforts. Period.
Here is the recipe…
Whisk together milk & eggs…
Add all the veggies and salt and pepper, mix well…
Add pasta and gently mix…
Heat oil (or butter, if using) a medium size frying pan. Add the egg mixture and drizzle tabasco sauce (if using). Cover and cook for 3-4 mins on low flame. Cook till the base is set and cooked…
Transfer carefully to a microwave safe plate. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and MW on high for 1-2 mins, till the eggs are cooked completely…
Please make sure to read the notes before you proceed with the recipe.
- 3 Eggs I used 3 egg whites & 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Chopped onion
- 2-3 tbsp Grated carrot
- 3 Olives sliced
- 2 tbsp Cooked mushroom & spinach each
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Cooked pasta
- 1 tbsp Chopped parsley
- 2-3 tbsp Grated cheese you can use parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar, gouda,monterey jack
- a dash Tabasco sauce
- Oil / Butter - for cooking the omelet I used olive oil
- Whisk together milk & eggs. Add all the veggies and salt and pepper, mix well. Add pasta and gently mix.
- Heat oil (or butter, if using) a medium size frying pan. Add the egg mixture and splash of tabasco sauce (if using). Cover and cook for 3-4 mins on low flame. Once the base is cooked and set, transfer carefully to a microwave safe plate. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and MW on high for 1-2 mins, till the eggs are cooked completely.
- Serve hot with some toasted bread.
The above qty ideally serves 1 person. But if you are having this with some other dishes, then it can easily be shared by 2 persons.
This is a very versatile recipe. The only necessary ingredients are milk, eggs and pasta. You can add the veggies and herbs of your choice. You can skip tabasco sauce or substitute it with chilli sauce. You can also add steak sauce or Worcestershire sauce. I've used some sundried tomato also in this one. I sometimes add leftover chicken or meat also along with the veggies. You can add sausage, if you like.
For a healthier version use only egg whites and whole wheat pasta. Also, you can reduce the qty of cheese or skip it completely.
You can also finish cooking the eggs on stove top by flipping the omelet. Since the omelet will be heavy with pasta and veggies, make sure you flip it carefully. Another option is to cook it in the oven.
You can use any pasta of your choice for this recipe. I normally use macaroni or penne pasta.