Recipe adapted from Suriyani Pachakam Cook book
Here you go with the step by step pictures and the recipe…
Grind together cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, fennel seeds, pepper, chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder with 3-5 tbsp of water to a smooth paste…
If you are interested in more chicken recipes, check out our Chicken ebooklet
- 800 gms Chicken (measured after cleaning)
- A small piece Cinnamon
- 3 Cardamom
- 6 Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp Black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Chilli powder
- 1.5 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Grated / crushed garlic
- 1/2 tbsp Grated / crushed ginger
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 cup Hot water
- 3/4 - 1 cup Sliced small onion / pearl onion
- Curry leaves
- Oil (I used coconut oil, refer notes)
- Grind together cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, fennel seeds, pepper, chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder with 3-5 tbsp of water to a smooth paste.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the ground masala, grated ginger and garlic, vinegar, salt and curry leaves. Add hot water to this. Mix well. Bring it to a boil and reduce the flame. Cover and cook till the chicken is done and the gravy is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced small onion and curry leaves. Fry it till the small onion turns golden brown. Add the cooked chicken along with the gravy.
- Cook it on low flame for 7-8 mins till the gravy is almost dried and the chicken pieces are coated well with the masala. Stir in between. Remove from gas.
The dish has no gravy, but if you prefer you can adjust the consistency to suit your requirements.