Here is the recipe…
- 1/2 kg Beef (cleaned & cut into small-medium size cubes)
- 1 cup Small onion / Pearl onion (crushed)
- 1.5 tbsp Crushed Ginger & garlic (each)
- 1 - 1.5 tbsp Crushed red chilli
- 1.5 - 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 - 1.5 tsp Garam Masala
- 3/4 - 1 cup Thengakothu (coconut bits)
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- Coconut oil
- Curry leaves
- Marinate the cleaned beef pieces with the ingredients listed under marination (number 2 ingredients). Keep it aside for 15-20 mins. Add 2 tbsp of water to this & pressure cook till the beef is done(the cooking time of beef depends on the type of beef used). Keep the cooker closed for 20-25 mins. Open the cooker & if there is any excess water in the beef, cook till the water is dried completely.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan & add tons of curry leaves. Fry it for few seconds. Add the cooked beef. Give it a good stir. Cook on low flame till the beef becomes black in colour. If the beef appears to dry in between, add a little oil & continue cooking. It will take around 10-15 mins. Dont forget to give a stir in between. That's all ...the shappu beef fry is ready!