Here’s another quick and tasty sweet recipe for Diwali. This is a perfect recipe, if you dont want to spend too much time in the kitchen. Hope you will enjoy this sweet treat.
Wish you a happy and safe Diwali!!
Here is the recipe…
For more Diwali / Indian sweet recipes, click here.
- 1 cup Rava / Semolina / Sooji
- 1/2 cup Grated Coconut
- 3/4 – 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Warm milk
- 15 Cashews and raisins (each)
- a pinch Cardamom powder
- 1.5 tbsp Ghee
- Heat 1/2 tbsp ghee in a pan and roast the cashews till they turn golden brown. Transfer this to a deep and wide bowl. Fry the raisins till they become plump and transfer to the bowl.
- Add grated coconut and roast it for 2-3 mins, they dont have to change colour, keep it with cashews and raisins. Add remaining ghee and roast the rava. Roast it for 5 mins, till the roasted aroma comes. Transfer the roasted rava also to the bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and cardamom to the rava coconut mixture. Mix well. Add the milk gradually. Do not add the whole qty of milk at a time. Add half of the milk and try shaping the laddus, if it isnt moist enough add the rest of the milk. Shape laddus as per your preference.