Hi. Hope things are great with you. As I’ve mentioned in the previous post, I am in Kerala now, enjoying my vacation. Usually when we are here, we will be busy traveling, shopping etc etc. However this time we’ve decided to take a break from the usual holiday stuff and decided to be at home for a change :) The climate is also good, its raining at times and I love it :) Being at home had one more advantage. I was able to watch Ria’s cookery show on TV and dear it was simply great!!
Now its time to share something with you. My interview came in a Bahrain Lifestyle magazine called “Woman this month” :). The magazine people wanted to interview a woman who is passionate about something. What should I say…I just happened to be at the right place at the right time :) I’ve flaunted it already in the orkut and facebook ;) and after posting it here I will stop or at least try to reduce the flaunting ;). That’s a first time experience for me and I am all excited, so its ok to showoff right ;)?? Also all this happened because of this small space called MariasMenu and this space is here because of you, so a big THANK YOU :)
Thanks to Simi & Sarina for the interview :) So this is the interview (click on the image to read the interview) :
Ok, time to go to the recipe. Btw, this is not from my drafts. This recipe comes straight from my mom in law’s kitchen. I know there are umpteen number of chilli gobi recipes and I thought I will share with you our version too :) Hope you’ll like it.
Here is the recipe:
- Cauliflower florets - 2 cups
- Plain flour (maida) - 3 tbsp
- Cornflour - 2tbsp
- Pepper powder - ½ tsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds - 1 tsp (optional)
- Onion - 1 big, chopped
- Ginger - 1 tbsp, chopped
- Garlic - 1½ tbsp, sliced
- Green chilly - 1-2
- Soya sauce - 1 - ½ tbsp
- Tomato sauce - 2 tbsp
- Red chilly sauce - 1½ tbsp
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Vinegar - 1tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Boil cauliflower florets in salted water for 3-5 minutes and drain the water completely. Make a thick batter with the marination ingredients (ingredients listed from plain flour-water). Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter & shallow fry it till the florets become golden brown. Keep it aside.
- In the same oil, add sesame seeds, ginger &garlic, green chilly & onion. Cook till the onion becomes soft. Add all the sauces, pepper powder, vinegar, sugar and salt. Mix well. Add the fried cauliflower & combine well. Make sure that the florets are well coated with the sauces. Garnish with spring onion, coriander leaves etc; Serve hot.
Please check out the pic of Chilli Gobi, made by Sujitha, based on the above recipe. Thanks a ton Sujitha :)
Also check out the chilli gobi, made by Ramya Rajesh, based on the above recipe. Thanks a lot dear :)