Hi. Hope things are great with you. As I've mentioned in the previous post, I am in Kerala now, enjoying my vacation. Usually when we are here, we will be busy traveling, shopping etc etc. However this time we've decided to take a break from the usual holiday stuff and decided to be at home for a change :) The climate is also good, its raining at times and I love it :) Being at home had one more advantage. I was able to watch Ria's cookery show on TV and dear it was simply great!!
Now its time to share something with you. My interview came in a Bahrain Lifestyle magazine called “Woman this month” :). The magazine people wanted to interview a woman who is passionate about something. What should I say…I just happened to be at the right place at the right time :) I've flaunted it already in the orkut and facebook ;) and after posting it here I will stop or at least try to reduce the flaunting ;). That's a first time experience for me and I am all excited, so its ok to showoff right ;)?? Also all this happened because of this small space called MariasMenu and this space is here because of you, so a big THANK YOU :)
Thanks to Simi & Sarina for the interview :) So this is the interview (click on the image to read the interview) :
Ok, time to go to the recipe. Btw, this is not from my drafts. This recipe comes straight from my mom in law's kitchen. I know there are umpteen number of chilli gobi recipes and I thought I will share with you our version too :) Hope you'll like it.
Here is the recipe:
Boil cauliflower florets in salted water for 3-5 minutes and drain the water completely…
Make a thick batter with the marination ingredients (ingredients listed from plain flour-water)…
Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter & shallow fry it till the florets become golden brown. Keep it aside…
Add all the sauces, pepper powder, vinegar, sugar and salt. Mix well…
Add the fried cauliflower & combine well. Make sure that the florets are well coated with the sauces…
Garnish with spring onion, serve hot…
- 2 cups Cauliflower florets
- 3 tbsp Plain flour
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
For the sauce
- 1 big Onion (chopped)
- 1 small Capsicum (cubed)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (chopped)
- 1.5 tbsp Garlic (sliced)
- 1 - 1.5 tbsp Soya sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 1.5 tbsp Red chilly sauce
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Boil cauliflower florets in salted water for 3-5 minutes and drain the water completely.
- Make a thick batter with the marination ingredients (ingredients listed from plain flour-water).
- Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter & shallow fry it till the florets become golden brown. Keep it aside.
- In the same oil add ginger & garlic, green chilly, capsicum & onion. Cook till the onion becomes soft. Add all the sauces, pepper powder, vinegar, sugar and salt. Mix well. Add the fried cauliflower & combine well. Make sure that the florets are well coated with the sauces. Garnish with spring onion, serve hot.