The favourite desert of the keralites. You cant stop with just 1 serving.
- Cherupayar Parippu – 200gm
- Jaggery -400gm
- Thick coconut milk – 1½ cups
- Medium thick coconut milk – 4 cups
- Light coconut milk – 4 cups
- Ghee – 3 tablespoon
- Cashewnut & Coconut pieces – 50 gm each
- Fry the parippu without oil for 5-6 minutes. Wash it well & cook with boiled water. Melt the jaggery by adding 1 cup water. Add the melted jaggery to well cooked parippu & stir well. Add 2 tablespoon ghee to this & mix well. Add light coconut milk & when it starts boiling add medium thick coconut milk. When this mix evaporates and becomes half add the thick coconut milk. Stir well for 5 minutes & remove from gas.
- Fry the cashewnuts & coconut pieces in rest of the ghee & add to payasam. Serve hot.
Parippu payasam made by Ammu, based on the above recipe. Thank you so much dear :)