It's been a long time, since I have posted a non veg recipe. I was just being loyal to my tried & tested recipes. I came across this recipe in a cookery show. Its a dry preparation which can be used as starters or can be a side dish with friedrice. You can also make fish in the same way.
Here is the recipe…
- 500 gms Cleaned prawns
- 3 tbsp Plain flour
- 3 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Crushed Pepper
- 1 Egg white
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 tbsp each Chopped Ginger & garlic
- 1 small Capsicum
- 1/2 cup Chopped Spring onion
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp Crushed pepper
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1-2 tbsp Tomato sauce
- Mix together plain flour, corn flour, crushed pepper (1 tbsp), egg white and salt, with a little water and make a thick paste. Marinate the prawns in this paste for 20 minutes.
- Fry the prawns and keep it aside. In the same oil saute ginger,garlic & chopped onion. When the onion becomes soft add capsicum & spring onion. Saute for 5 minutes & add chilli powder & crushed pepper. Mix well.
- Add the sauces & salt. Stir for a few minutes and add the fried prawns. Mix well.Cook for some more minutes till it becomes dry. Garnish with spring onion.
Please find below the picture of chilli prawns made by Rini, based on this recipe, thanks a ton dear :)
Check other prawns starters in this blog: