Mushroom Potato Masala, well the name is kinda self explanatory. The mushroom was supposed to be the star and the potato was a seat filler. However, potato turned out to be a star as well and not just a seat filler.
Though I buy Mushroom often, it ends up in pasta or omelet. This time I wanted to make a curry out of it and here you go.
This Mushroom Potato Masala is a simple and easy veg dish recipe that goes well with rice and roti. Mushroom gives the flavor and potato adds texture to this humble but tasty dish.
Give it a try and let me know how you like it, ok?
Fan of Mushrooms? Check out Mushroom Quiche, Mushroom Potato Pie, Spinach Mushroom Rolls
Here is the recipe…
- 200 gms Mushroom, sliced (I used white button mushroom)
- 1 medium Potato (cubed and parboiled)
- 1 big Onion (chopped)
- 1.5 – 2 tsp Crushed garlic
- 1 tsp Crushed ginger
- 2 Green chilli (slit lengthwise)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1.5 – 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Fennel powder
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup Medium thick coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- Heat oil in a wide pan. Add chopped onion and cook till it caramelises.
- Add crushed ginger garlic and green chillies. Cook for 2-3 mins or until the raw smell goes.
- Add all the spice powders (turmeric, coriander, fennel & pepper powder). Cook for 2-3 mins or until oil starts appearing.
- Add mushroom and salt. Mix well and cook on low flame for 5-7 mins.
- Add parboiled potato to the masala and cook till both mushroom and potato are done.
- Add medium thick coconut milk, bring it to boil, reduce flame and cook till gravy is reduced.
- Drizzle 1 tsp ghee (optional, but recommended) and add chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
You can sub mushroom with cauliflower if you like. If you like to have gravy, increase the quantity of coconut milk.
Tried this recipe? Let others know by…mentioning @mariasmenu or tagging #mariasmenu
4 thoughts on “Mushroom Potato Masala”
I have been following your cooking for the past 10 years. and i cannot thank you enough for making my life easy everyday . Just as much as i am not a fan of cooking or foodie, you have made every attempt of mine to help my family be tummy content (including my little ones. ) please do continue doing the great job you are doing ..
lots of love .
Thank you so much for that lovely comment!! I’m so excited to know that you are a long-time reader of MM :) Appreciate you taking time to leave a comment here!
Cooked exactly according to the recipe. It tastes great. Will definitely cook it more often.
Thank you :)