Mushroom Potato Masala, well the name is kinda self explanatory. The mushroom was supposed to be the star and the potato was a seat filler. However, potato turned out to be a star as well and not just a seat filler.
Though I buy Mushroom often, it ends up in pasta or omelet. This time I wanted to make a curry out of it and here you go.
This Mushroom Potato Masala is a simple and easy veg dish recipe that goes well with rice and roti. Mushroom gives the flavor and potato adds texture to this humble but tasty dish.
Give it a try and let me know how you like it, ok?
Here is the recipe…
- 200 gms Mushroom, sliced (I used white button mushroom)
- 1 medium Potato (cubed and parboiled)
- 1 big Onion (chopped)
- 1.5 – 2 tsp Crushed garlic
- 1 tsp Crushed ginger
- 2 Green chilli (slit lengthwise)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1.5 – 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Fennel powder
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup Medium thick coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- Heat oil in a wide pan. Add chopped onion and cook till it caramelises.
- Add crushed ginger garlic and green chillies. Cook for 2-3 mins or until the raw smell goes.
- Add all the spice powders (turmeric, coriander, fennel & pepper powder). Cook for 2-3 mins or until oil starts appearing.
- Add mushroom and salt. Mix well and cook on low flame for 5-7 mins.
- Add parboiled potato to the masala and cook till both mushroom and potato are done.
- Add medium thick coconut milk, bring it to boil, reduce flame and cook till gravy is reduced.
- Drizzle 1 tsp ghee (optional, but recommended) and add chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.