Have I told you, peanut butter is one of my weaknesses? Well, I can finish half a jar in one go! I think I like the slightly salty and sweet taste of it. I buy peanut butter religiously and finish it all by myself, just by eating it straight from the jar. It’s supposed to be a superfood, for me at least ;)
But it also helps me with some quick fix breakfast ideas too. I make peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but not with bread. I tend to have Digestive biscuits lying around in my kitchen cupboard most of the time. So take two Digestive biscuits, spread peanut butter, lavishly, on it and top it with jam, sandwich it and your PB & J (digestive) sandwich is ready.
My love for peanut butter has naturally extended to peanut butter chips too. I make sure to buy that every time I visit the supermarket, in the hopes of planning to bake something with it. But, most of the time, I just eat it as it is ;)
Anyways, for once, I did bake something with it, before I go guilt tripping myself, after finishing a whole packet just like that. I searched for a cookie recipe and landed on this one. It's very simple, easy and straightforward. It's a breeze to make it and if you like peanut butter and chocolate chips, you'll love this. There's nothing like a homemade cookie with your cuppa, am I right?
You can see other cookie recipes here
Here is the recipe…
Beat butter, sugar and peanut butter in medium bowl until creamy…
Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture, blending well…
Stir in milk chocolate chips and peanut butter chips…
Drop by rounded teaspoons onto lined baking sheets. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet…
Recipe from here
Double Peanut Butter And Milk Chocolate Chip CookiesPrint
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups Plain flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter 1 stick softened
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Peanut Butter Chips
- Preheat oven to 180 C, 10 mins before baking. Line a baking sheet with parchment / baking paper.
- Beat butter, sugar and peanut butter in medium bowl until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture, blending well.
- Stir in milk chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto lined baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
I got around 25 cookies from the above qty. Keep an eye on cookies after 9 mins of baking. Though the baking time is mentioned 12-14 mins, my cookies were ready in 9-11 mins, the timing varies for each oven.
Keep in mind that the cookies become hard as it rests. If the edges turn brown and the cookies is not sticky when you touch, it's done.
You can store the cookies in airtight container @ room temp for 2 weeks.