My social media feed is filled with cookie recipes and I also decided to join them. After all, it's the season of cookies, right?
Whenever someone mentions cookies, the first thing that pops into my mind is Chocolate Chip Cookie. It's one of the most common and shall I say most favorite cookie?
I like my cookies to be crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside and that's exactly how this cookie is. In fact, it's that description that made me tried this recipe.
If you are on the look out for a perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe, I guess this fits the bill. It's perfect for snacking and gifting.
Btw, if you are looking for Eggless Chocolate Chip cookies, you can find it here.
Recipe from here
Check out some of my other fav cookies below:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
An easy recipe for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. Thic cookie has the perfect texture of crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.Print Pin
- ½ cup 113 gms unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup 100 gms packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup 100 gms sugar
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup 185 g all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp 7.5 g cornstarch
- ½ tsp 2.5 g baking soda
- ½ tsp 2.5 g salt
- 1 ½ cup 262 g chocolate chips (refer notes)
- 1 cup 100 g lightly toasted, coarsely chopped pecans (optional) (refer notes)
- Cream the butter with the brown sugar and granulated sugar together well.
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour with the cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Add this to the butter mixture and stir until blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans (if using).
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, scoop spoonfuls of dough (about 2 Tbsp) shape them into a ball and place onto a parchment lined baking tray or a plate. Chill the scooped cookies for at least an hour, or once chilled, the cookies can be frozen for baking later.
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF (162 C). Arrange the chilled scooped cookies onto parchment-lined baking trays, leaving 3 inches between the cookies. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until browned around the edges.
- Cool the cookies on the baking tray. If baking cookie dough that has been frozen, arrange the frozen cookies on the baking tray and let them thaw for 20 minutes at room temperature before baking as above.
I used mini chocolate chips and I used 1 cup minus 2 tbsp chocolate chips for the above qty. I used only 1/2 cup chopped pecans. You can substitute pecans with walnuts/almonds. Keep a close watch on the cookies after 12 mins. If you feel that the cookies on the back are getting baked faster, you may rotate the cookie sheet after 12-14 mins. I weighed each cookie to ensure the same size and uniform baking,
Tried this recipe? Let others know by…mentioning @mariasmenu or tagging #mariasmenu
4 thoughts on “Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Should I chill it in a closed container or can I put it in plate??
i meant corn flour
Hi Maria..any substitute for cornstarch..is it the same as x9rn flour
Yes, it’s the same.