Hope you all remember about my attempt to make Malai Kofta sometime back and how it ended up with cheese balls. Finally I succeeded in resisting my temptation and I made malai kofta. I got this recipe from one of the cookery shows in a TV channel. I had tried another version of malai kofta almost a year back, which was a disaster. So i was a bit skeptical about making this, but this is a really good recipe, especially with veg pulav or roti.
Here is the recipe for malai kofta:
You can see the recipe for koftas here.
For the gravy:
- Onion - 2 medium
- Tomato puree - made from 2,3 tomatoes
- Ginger - garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 tablespoon
- Chilli powder - 1 tablespoon
- Garam masala - 2 teaspoon
- Cream - 1 cup
- Cook sliced onions in 2 cups water. Once it is cooked, drain the water completely and grind the onions into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onion paste. After 5 minutes, add ginger garlic paste and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add all masala powders and stir for 5 minutes or until the oil starts forming a layer on top. Add tomato puree and once the puree is mixed well in the gravy add the cream.
- After 5 minutes, remove from gas. Spread prepared koftas in a plate and pour the gravy over it.