Hope you all remember about my attempt to make Malai Kofta sometime back and how it ended up with cheese balls. Finally I succeeded in resisting my temptation and I made malai kofta. I got this recipe from one of the cookery shows in a TV channel. I had tried another version of malai kofta almost a year back, which was a disaster. So i was a bit skeptical about making this, but this is a really good recipe, especially with veg pulav or roti.
Here is the recipe…
You can see the recipe for koftas here.
For the gravy:
- 2 medium Onion
- Tomato puree (made from 2 – 3 tomatoes)
- 1 tbsp Ginger – garlic paste
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Chilli powder
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 cup Cream
- Cook sliced onions in 2 cups water. Once it is cooked, drain the water completely and grind the onions into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onion paste. After 5 minutes, add ginger garlic paste and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add all masala powders and stir for 5 minutes or until the oil starts forming a layer on top. Add tomato puree and once the puree is mixed well in the gravy add the cream.
- After 5 minutes, remove from gas. Spread prepared koftas in a plate and pour the gravy over it.