Are we there yet? How much more time? Nope, we are not on a road trip with impatient children. It’s just people of Bahrain asking about the weather ;)
Though the poor mannequins in the shopping mall were all forced into winter gear suited for an Antarctic expedition, since mid-September, the weather was not budging. The heat and humidity decided to play spoilsport for some more time.
However, things have started looking up, we are on the threshold of the weather change! Today morning, it’s all dark and gloomy.
But, let me tell you something. I’m not a fan of dark and gloomy. I love bright and sunny days! I like dark and gloomy once in a while like it’s ok if it’s here for a visit, but not for staying.
How about you? Which one you like, bright and sunny or dark and gloomy?
Anyways, this soup here is good for these kinda days. At least, some good has to be there, right?
This is a rich and creamy soup recipe. The addition of Macaroni makes it wholesome and if you add some toasted garlic bread or these mushroom crostini or grilled cheese sandwich, you can make a meal out of it.
It’s a very homely kinda dish and I’m sure the kids will also enjoy this. You can add some grated cheese on top or have some cheese sticks on the side.
Please do try and let me know how you like it.
Here is the recipe…
Creamy Tomato Macaroni Soup
- 4 med – big Tomatoes (cubed)
- 1 big Carrot (small cubes)
- 1 big Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp Chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup Macaroni
- For White Sauce
- 1.5 tbsp Butter
- 1 heaped tbsp Plain flour (maida)
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Oil (I used oilve oil)
- 1/2 tsp Whole black pepper
- Cook macaroni as per package instructions and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onion and garlic. Cook till it softens, no need to brown.
- Add tomatoes and carrots. Give a stir, add pepper and salt. Add 2.5 cups water. Bring it to boil.
- Reduce flame to lowest, cook till tomatoes and carrots are done.
- Separate the stock and veggies. Cool it for 15 mins.
- Grind the cooked veggies to a smooth paste with 1/4 cup water.
- To make white sauce: Melt butter in a wide pan. Add flour to this and cook till the raw smell goes, around 3-5 mins.
- Add the milk gradually and make a thick and smooth sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the ground paste and stock and bring back to fire. Cook for 3-4 mins.
- Add white sauce and cooked macaroni and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from gas.