Here's something I never thought of sharing with you! Forget about sharing here, I never ever thought I'd be making jams!
Well, my new mantra is “never say never” ;)
I love Jam and I always try to get good quality homemade ones whenever possible. I was under the impression that jam- making is a complicated and time-consuming process, so never thought of giving it a try.
What changed then? I happened to see a Jam roll picture made by my friend Chinnu (using MM Jamroll recipe) with her mom's homemade pineapple jam. That picture looked so beautiful and that's how this whole thing started. Chinnu happily shared her Amma's recipe and here we are!
It happened almost a year ago and I've made this countless times since then! The very first time I made it, I overcooked a little but I got a tip from Annie and that worked beautifully.
So, thanks to Chinnu & Annie, here you have the easiest and simplest recipe for homemade pineapple jam. Even without any preservatives, it keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 months easily.
Give it a try and let me know!
Here is the recipe…
- 450 – 500 gms Ripe Pineapple, cut into cubes (measured after cleaning (refer notes))
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp Sugar (refer notes)
- Juice the cleaned pineapple cubes.
- Transfer the pineapple juice (no need to strain it) to a bottom-heavy wide pan. Add sugar to the juice.
- Cook the juice and the sugar on low flame. Do not add any water. Keep stirring in between. Continue cooking till the mixture thickens and becomes a jammy consistency.
- To check whether the jam is ready, add 1 tsp of jam to a chilled plate and tilt. If the jam doesnt slide, it's ready.
- Let the jam cool completely. Transfer to an airtight container. It keeps well in the fridge for 3 -4 months.