This spicy butter garlic prawns is kinda the recipe that we blindly tend to order from the menu, if it's listed.
We both love prawns and get it as a starter when we eat out. There was something called “Freddie Prawns” that we always used to get from one of our fav restaurants in Bahrain. This dish though completely different reminded me of that.
This is one of the easiest, super quick and tasty prawns recipe I've ever made. There is hardly any chopping involved and prawns gets cooked in no time! After all what's not to like about it… there is butter, there is garlic, there is prawns and there is a lil bit of heat to spice things up ;)
Perfect recipe for entertaining or for you to indulge in during the weekend!
Hope you get to try this and like it too.
Btw, check out dynamite shrimp, sesame prawns toast, garlic prawns fry recipes
Here is the recipe…
Spicy Butter Garlic Prawns
- 300 gms Prawns (measured after cleaning, refer notes)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1-1.5 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 2 tsp Oil (I used sunflower oil)
- 1/2-1 tbsp Chopped garlic
- 1-2 tsp Chilli flakes
- 30 gms Butter (I used unsalted)
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice (refer notes)
- 1 tbsp Chopped coriander leaves
- 2-3 tbsp Oil (I used sunflower oil)
- Marinate cleaned prawns with turmeric powder, kashmiri chilli powder, pepper powder, 2 tsp oil and salt. Keep aside for 15 mins.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a wide pan. Once the oil is hot enough, place the marinated prawns.
- Cook both sides, till the prawns are done. Transfer the prawns to another plate.
- To the same pan, add chopped garlic, chilli flakes and butter. Cook for 2-3 mins. Once the butter is melted, add lemon juice.
- Add cooked prawns to this and mix well. Make sure the prawns are coated well with butter, garlic and chilli flakes. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
- You can serve it as an appetiser or as a side with butter rice, plain rice or fried rice.