It's been two years since I posted a Prawns recipe! I think it's a long gap and I really missed sharing new prawns recipes with you.
I tell myself that am more of a veg person and not big on non-veg, well…. give me a plate of this garlic prawns fry or beef fry, I gobble it up like there is no tomorrow. Sometimes I amaze myself with the things I say ;)
We love anything garlicky and so when I saw this recipe, I was sure that we will love it, and well we did! Apart from the flavor I also “loved” that it's super easy to make and there is not much chopping and prep work. I'm a big fan of such recipes.
This is a “Must Try” recipe recommendation from me. It's big on flavors and low on work, a perfect combo if you ask me.
Here is the recipe…
Recipe from here
- 300-350 gms Prawns (measured after cleaning)
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp Fennel powder
- 1/8 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1/2 tbsp Vinegar
- Salt (to taste)
- 1.5 – 2 tbsp Finely chopped garlic
- 2 Green chillies (slit lengthwise)
- Curry leaves
- 1.5 – 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- Marinate the cleaned prawns with ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilli powder, pepper powder, fennel powder, fennel seeds, cornflour, vinegar and salt. Keep it aside for half – one hour.
- Heat oil in a wide pan, add the finely chopped garlic, when it begins to brown, add green chillies and curry leaves. When it becomes golden brown, transfer it to a plate.
- To the same pan (add more oil, if required) add marinated prawns. Cook till it's one and both sides become golden. Keep in mind, prawns cook fast and overcooking will turn it rubbery.
- Add the fried garlic, green chillies and curry leaves to the cooked prawns. Toss it so that it's combined well. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve hot.
2 thoughts on “Kerala Style Garlic Prawns Fry”
I made these garlic prawns the other night and they were super delicious! I used a bit more garlic than you did, because I love it. Thank you for posting such a lovely recipe!
You are welcome and thanks a lot for leaving a comment here :)