I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Though we celebrated, I didn't cook much this time…I outsourced everything for a change :)The only thing I made was mousse pudding with stewed pineapple and praline. Mousse pudding is nothing but china grass pudding, it's very basic stuff and easy to make. I've posted the recipe of mousse pudding in the initial days of my blogging and I wasn't able to put the picture that time. Moreover I used to have it without pineapple those days, so am just publishing the modified version.
You can see the mousse pudding recipe here.
Here is the recipe…
For the pudding
- 10 gms China Grass
- 1.5 cups Water
- 1 tin (395 gms) Condensed milk
- 2 tin Milk (measured in condensed milk tin)
- 4-5 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
For the base:
- 2 medium Pineapple (chopped)
- 1 cup Sugar
For the topping:
- 10-15 Cashew nuts
- 2-3 tbsp Sugar
- To make Pudding:
- Cut the china grass into small pieces & wash it. Soak it in 1 1/2 cups water for 15 minutes. Melt the china grass without any grains.Mix together the number 2 ingredients & heat it well. Once the temperature of the melted china grass & milk mixture becomes the same slowly mix it & heat for 2 minutes. Add vanilla essence to this mixture. Strain this mixture to the pudding dish & refrigerate.
- To make base:
- Cook the chopped pineapple with sugar, till the juice is completely dried and the pineapple is coated well with sugar. Let it cool. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- To make topping:
- Melt sugar in a bottom heavy pan. Once the sugar is completely melted and becomes golden brown in colour add the cashewnuts. Switch off the gas and stir the cashew nuts so that it is coated well with the caramel. Transfer the nuts to aluminium foil or butter paper. Once it is cooled, crush it with rolling pin and later grind it coarsely.
- Assembling the layers of the pudding:
- Spread the stewed pineapple as the base layer in a pudding dish, moose pudding as the middle and praline as the top layer.