I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Though we celebrated, I didn't cook much this time…I outsourced everything for a change :)The only thing I made was mousse pudding with stewed pineapple and praline. Mousse pudding is nothing but china grass pudding, it's very basic stuff and easy to make. I've posted the recipe of mousse pudding in the initial days of my blogging and I wasn't able to put the picture that time. Moreover I used to have it without pineapple those days, so am just publishing the modified version.
You can see the mousse pudding recipe here.
Here is the recipe…
For the pudding
- 10 gms China Grass
- 1.5 cups Water
- 1 tin (395 gms) Condensed milk
- 2 tin Milk (measured in condensed milk tin)
- 4-5 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
For the base:
- 2 medium Pineapple (chopped)
- 1 cup Sugar
For the topping:
- 10-15 Cashew nuts
- 2-3 tbsp Sugar
- To make Pudding:
- Cut the china grass into small pieces & wash it. Soak it in 1 1/2 cups water for 15 minutes. Melt the china grass without any grains.Mix together the number 2 ingredients & heat it well. Once the temperature of the melted china grass & milk mixture becomes the same slowly mix it & heat for 2 minutes. Add vanilla essence to this mixture. Strain this mixture to the pudding dish & refrigerate.
- To make base:
- Cook the chopped pineapple with sugar, till the juice is completely dried and the pineapple is coated well with sugar. Let it cool. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- To make topping:
- Melt sugar in a bottom heavy pan. Once the sugar is completely melted and becomes golden brown in colour add the cashewnuts. Switch off the gas and stir the cashew nuts so that it is coated well with the caramel. Transfer the nuts to aluminium foil or butter paper. Once it is cooled, crush it with rolling pin and later grind it coarsely.
- Assembling the layers of the pudding:
- Spread the stewed pineapple as the base layer in a pudding dish, moose pudding as the middle and praline as the top layer.
Tried this recipe? Let others know by…mentioning @mariasmenu or tagging #mariasmenu
16 thoughts on “Mousse Pudding with Stewed Pineapple and Praline”
I tried this recipe.. its one of my mom’s fav pudding too.. she makes it so well.. i tried with agar agar.. it didn’t set well.. but almost set.. not very firm.. it tasted just amazing..
very nice blog..
most of the recipes reminds me of my moms.. and it tastes too..
all the best..
Thanks a lot for trying the recipes from here. It happened to me sometimes that the pudding didnt set, when I used agar agar (china grass) and I figured out lately, that it’s because I used agar agar which was nearing expiry…
Hope it comes out perfect next time :)
hi maria chechi . .
Had a small party @ home so tried this pudding yesterday. Everybody loved it!!! I didnt have any coconut so i omitted the coconut layer and replaced it with grounded peanut bar layer. Rest i followed your recipe as it is and it was yummy!! Thanks for the wonderful recipe!!
You are welcome! Great to know that the pudding worked out well for you. Ground peanut bar sounds interesting, I like peanut flavour. Next time, I’ll try it and see :)
Thanks a lot for the comment.
hi.. i live in the UAE and u c here we get pineapples from different countries and different sizes. when u say 2 medum sized pineapples approx. how many cups wud that be… thanx
I think it will come to 2.5- 3 cups (approx) of chopped pineapple.
Hope you will like this pudding. Please share your feedback, if you happen to try it.
@Maria, hi Maria.. I’ll be trying it soon and will let u knw.. thanx for your reply once again
You are welcome dear :) Waiting for your feedback..
Hi Maria… I tried this pudding.. It came out perfect!!My husband and friends loved it… Thanks to u, they loved it so much, i got the name pudding mam….
Hope you are doing good.
Thanks a lot dear for your encouraging feedback and comments :)
Btw, I liked the name pudding mam ;)
hi maria……this is a unique recipe….will surely try..n keep u informed .
hi maria ….
i’m searching for china grass but nt been able to it newhr …can u plzz help me …whr wud i find it in india ……
I think china grass should be available in all major supermarkets. You may also get it in powder form. Where exactly are you in India?
If in case you cant find any, you can make this pudding with gelatin too.
Hope you could find it soon.
i tried ur receipe , was tasty , came out well , but 1 problem , the moose pudding was not so soft, ie the texture was too thick. nalla katti , anthanavo?
Thanks for trying out the recipe. Sorry for the delayed reply, I was in India for my vacation,thats why.
Regarding the texture of the pudding, am not very sure why it became thick, may be the china grass was not melted completely. Anyways let me check whether there could be any other reason and will let you know.
i didnt understnd abt secnd layer
Comments are closed.