Here is the recipe…
- 3.5 - 4 cups Crumbled Puttu
- 1 cup Cooked and shredded chicken
- 2-3 Scrambled eggs
- 1/2 cup Coconut (refer notes)
- 10-12 Small onion (sliced)
- 2 tsp Chicken / meat masala (I used store bought Chicken masala)
- Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- Coconut oil
- 2 tsp Ghee
- Heat oil in a deep and wide pan. Crackle the mustard seeds. Add sliced small onion and curry leaves. Fry till the onion becomes golden brown. Add chicken masala and cook for a min. Add shredded chicken and scrambled eggs and coconut (if using). Mix well and fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add crumbled puttu and mix well. Add ghee and stir for 2-3 mins, till everything is combined well.
I boiled the chicken with salt and pepper. You can also use the left over chicken from a Kerala style curry. In that case, adjust the qty of Chicken masala. I make puttu with lots of coconut, so I dont add extra coconut later on. I like a good amount of coconut in this dish, however you can adjust the qty to suit your preferences. Also I like a good qty of small onion, so I tend to add a bit extra. If you dont have ready made chicken masala, use 1 tsp coriander powder and half tsp each fennel powder and garam masala. You can use cooked beef also instead of chicken. Its a very versatile recipe and you can customise it to suit your taste preferences.