Shall we bake? It’s been sometime since we baked right? Here is something simple to put together, if you are in a hurry. I was searching for a simple eggless chocolate cake and google took me here. This cake is really moist and I fell in love with its colour :) I think, this will be my go to recipe for an eggless chocolate cake. What I liked most about it is, it isnt very sweet, even with the frosting. Just the right amount of sweetness for me.
I wanted this cake to have a very homely look, because I was baking it for a friend… who is crazy about homemade baked goodies. So what do you think, does it look like a simple homemade chocolatey goodness to you?
You ready with your whisk, measuring cups, flour and apron… shall we roll?
Recipe Source: Food Tale
In a large bowl sift together the all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar. Make a well…
Add all the wet ingredients one by one. With an electric mixer, beat the mixture on low speed for 2-3 minutes until the dry and wet ingredients are well combined. You can also use a wire whisk. Do not over beat it.
Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake in the pre heated oven for about 30 min. Check the cake with tooth pick. Toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake should come clean when the cake is ready.
- All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
- Baking Powder - ½ tsp
- Baking Soda - 1 tsp
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - 6 tbsp
- Granulated Sugar - ¾ cup
- Vegetable oil - ½ cup ( I used sunflower oil)
- Hot Coffee - ¼ cup (1 tsp of coffee in ¼cup hot water)
- Milk - ¼ cup, room temp
- Yogurt - ¼ cup, room temp
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Unsalted Butter - 100 gms, room temp
- Cocoa powder - ⅓ cup
- Icing sugar - 2-2.5 cups
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Hot water - 2-3 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, 10 mins before baking. Lightly grease the cake tin and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl sift together the all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar. Make a well.
- Add all the wet ingredients one by one.
- With an electric mixer, beat the mixture on low speed for 2-3 minutes until the dry and wet ingredients are well combined. Do not over beat it.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Tap the pan a couple of times so the batter is spread evenly and there are no air bubbles.
- Bake for about 30 min. Check the cake with tooth pick. Toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake should come clean when the cake is ready.
- Once out of the oven, transfer the pan to a wiring rack to cool. After about an hour remove the cake from the pan and let the cake cool completely before icing.
- For icing - combine the softened butter and cocoa powder with a hand whisk or a wooden spoon. Add a little of hot water and mix well. Add 1 cup of icing sugar and vanilla essence. Mix well. Add a tbsp of hot water, if required, mix and add one more cup of icing sugar. Combine well. Do a taste test and add more sugar if required. Also, add more hot water to suit your required consistency.