Lemon rice is a good option for lunch or dinner on those days when you are very lazy and don't feel like spending much (or any) time in the kitchen :)
I guess there are so many versions of lemon rice, but the one which I follow is very simple and have only a few ingredients. After reading the recipe you will understand why I said this is the best recipe for a lazy day :)
Anyways here goes the recipe for the quick and simple lemon rice.
You can have it with a side of this Indian Style Potato Roast
Here is the recipe…
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 5 – 6 sliced Small / Pearl onions (optional)
- 2 Green chillies (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Juice of 1 med – big size lemon
- Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Husked Bengal gram (chana dal)
- 1 tbsp Peanuts (I used roasted ones)
- 1-2 Dry red chilli
- Add half tablespoon of oil to the rice and cook it the normal way.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, peanuts, curry leaves, dry red chilli, small onion (if using), green chilli. Cook for 1-2 mins. Add turmeric powder, lemon juice, and salt. Stir for 1-2 mins.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well. Cook for two more minutes and remove from gas.
Please see below the picture of Lemon rice made by Nisha, one of the readers of MariasMenu, based on the above recipe. Thanks a lot dear :)