Here is the recipe..
- 1 big Carrot (sliced)
- 3 med-big Tomato (sliced)
- 1 small-medium Onion (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp Chopped garlic
- 1 Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Whole black pepper
- 3 cups Water
- 4 Small onion / Pearl onion (sliced)
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 tbsp Chopped coriander leaves
- Oil (I used olive oil)
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add chopped garlic, sliced onion, tomato, carrot, black pepper , cardamom seeds and salt. Cook for 3-4 mins and add water. Bring it to a boil and close the pressure cooker.
- Cook on high flame for 4 whistles. Switch off the gas and keep the cooker closed till the pressure drops, around 10-15 mins.
- Separate the cooked veggies and the stock. Let the veggies cool to room temp. Grind the cooled veggies along with 1/2 cup of stock to a smooth paste.
- Mix the ground veggies and the remaining stock in a deep vessel. Bring it to a boil and reduce the flame to lowest and cook till it becomes slightly thick, around 8-10 mins. Do a taste test and add more salt and pepper if you require.
- You can also adjust the consistency of the soup by adding more hot water for a thinner consistency or cooking a bit longer for a thicker version.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the sliced small onion. Fry till it turns golden brown. Crush the fried onion and add it to the soup along with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
For a creamier version of the soup, you can add some hot milk in the end. The soup keeps well in the fridge for 2-3 days. Do a taste test of your tomato before adding and adjust the qty accordingly to get your preferred level of tanginess.
Tried this recipe? Let others know by...mentioning @mariasmenu or tagging #mariasmenu
Pages: 1 2
10 thoughts on “Carrot And Tomato Soup”
I tried it out today… And it came out pretty well. My first soup ever..
You are welcome :) I’m glad you chose this to be your first-ever soup ;)
Hi Maria :)
Though I have breezed through your site a couple of times,never really tried out anything until I got married and moved to UAE….n I must say I love MariasMenu <3 ..can't imagine what I would have done without this!!..also a big Thanks for listing out what brand products u have used so that we dont get confused over the variety of each products available in supermarket.
I tried this carrot tomato soup and we loved it!! Thank You <3
Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. Really happy to know that you find the site helpful. Yeah, I try to list the brand name, since I get queries about it :)
Happy New Year!
Love your recipes
Thank you very much Urmila :)
I sorta done this but didn’t pre cook the veggies before putting it into a slow cooker, thinking it would all cook and melt down nicely! wrong, it taste awful and is just mashed up, lumpy veggies – is it because i didn’t pre cook the veggies before blending them down? Can i save it?
I’ve never tried this recipe without precooking, but I guess it wont be great if it’s not cooked. May be you can try heating the mashed up veggies for sometime and see.
I am pure veg how gelatin i will you use.
You can use agar agar (china grass) instead of gelatine.