Here is the recipe…
Cook potato and raw banana separately, with salt. heat oil and splutter mustard. Add sliced onions, salt and curry leaves. Cook till the onions start changing the colour.
Add minced/crushed garlic and cook for 2-3 mins. Add all the masala powders and cook till the oil starts appearing.
Add water and let it boil. Add cooked potato and raw banana and mix gently. Continue to cook on low flame for a few more mins.
- 2 med - big Potato (cubed)
- 2 big Raw Banana (pacha kaya) ( cubed)
- 3/4 - 1 cup Small onion (sliced (I used around 20))
- 2 - 2.5 tsp Garlic (minced/crushed)
- 1.5 - 2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Fennel powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Mustard
- Coconut oil
- Curry leaves
- Cut the cleaned potatoes and raw bananas into bite size cubes. Cook potato and kaya separately, with salt. Keep it aside. Make sure that you do not over cook them.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard. Add sliced small onions, salt and curry leaves. Fry till the onions start changing the colour. Add crushed/minced garlic and cook for 2-3 mins. Add the masala powders and fry till the oil starts appearing, around 2-3 mins.
- Add water to the masala and let it boil. Reduce the flame and add cooked potato and kaya and mix well. Make sure that you mix it gently, taking care not to mash it. Add a little more oil and continue to cook on low flame for 5-10 more mins. Drizzle some oil in between, if it appears to be dry.