Here is the recipe:
- 1 kg Mutton (cut into med size pieces)
- 4 Onion (finely sliced)
- 3 tsp Crushed Ginger & garlic (each)
- 6 Crushed small onion / pearl onion
- 1 - 1.5 tbsp Red chilly powder
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 - 1.5 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Fennel powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Water
- Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add finely sliced onions. Saute till it becomes golden brown colour. Add ginger & garlic paste & crushed small onion & curry leaves. Fry for a few minutes. Mix the masala powders with a little oil or water and add to the curry. When the raw smell of masala is gone & oil starts appearing, add cleaned mutton pieces and salt. Mix well & saute for 5 minutes. Add water & cover and cook till the mutton is done.
- If there is excess water, let it evaporate completely. Transfer the curry to a non stick pan and cook on low flame till it is roasted well. (If your pressure cooker is non stick, you can do this process in the cooker itself.)
- Serve with rice/roti/appam.
Recipe source: Lakshmi Nair, Magic Oven, Kairali Tv
Also check out the party menu here.