I have been getting requests from some of my readers to post more veg recipes. Though I make normal veg dishes frequently, I somehow was not convinced about blogging about it, thinking that it is everyday stuff and nobody would be interested in that…. but I guess I was proved wrong … anyways here is a veg recipe, its not that everyday stuff, but at the same time its not something extraordinary also…
I have made this a few times before, but couldn't take the photo at that time…. this recipe is from Sanjeev Kapoor's Khazana of Indian Recipes. This goes well with roti, plain rice and pulav.
Here is the recipe…
- 200 gms Mushroom
- 1.5 cups Peas (I used frozen peas)
- 2 big Onion (thinly sliced)
- 4 Cardamom –
- 1 medium size Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp each Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup Tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Chilly powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 cup Cashew nut paste
- Cut mushroom into bite size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan & add cardamom, cinnamon & onion. Stir it till the onion turns golden brown colour. Add ginger garlic paste and stir for a few minutes. Add tomato paste along with spice powders and cook till the oil starts appearing.
- Mix the cashew nut paste with one cup water and add to the curry. When it starts boiling add sliced mushroom & peas. Cook till the vegetables are done.
- For cashew nut paste, soak 10-15 cashew nuts in warm water for 10 minutes and grind it with a little water. The gravy tends to be thick after sometime, so adjust the quantity of gravy accordingly.
Please check out the photo of this curry made by Ambily Thomas, one of MariasMenu readers. Thank you dear :)