One of my fav food!! This is one item which I find very hard to resist. However, I don't make it that often. I usually go for fish curry. Other day when we went to buy fish, we were lucky to get a fresh catch of king fish. When I was asked whether the pieces should be separated for curry and fry, I didn't think twice. How could I resist the joy of having a fresh neimeen (king fish) fry, its really bad to say “NO” to such simple pleasures of life, isn't it ;)???
Regarding the recipe, I am taking bail in advance. I don't have exact measurement for this. Sometimes I feel like adding more garlic, sometimes I want to add a pinch of garam masala and so it goes. The recipe given below is the standard one and you can play with it as you like.
Here is the recipe:
- 4-5 medium size King fish steaks
- 1.5 tsp each Ginger & garlic paste
- 1 – 1.5 tsp Kashmiri chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp Whole pepper
- 1-2 tsp Lime juice
- Coconut oil
- Apply little salt and lime juice on the fish pieces and wash it with water. Drain the water. Grind together ingredients listed from ginger- garlic to salt into a fine paste adding a little water. Make gashes in the fish pieces and marinate the pieces with the ground paste. Keep the marinated fish for half an hour. Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the fish pieces.Serve with onion rings and a slice of lime.