I love salads almost as much as I love my plain cakes! Is it weird that I love salads so much?
It wasn't love at first sight though… I started having salads as compensation for not eating fruits. Yep, I don't eat fruits and because of that I got a lot of flak, so I started eating salads with some kinda vengeance and you know what… slowly I started enjoying it and then I fell in love with salads!
Now, you must be wondering then how come you are not seeing many salad recipes here. Well, back In Bahrain, I had my fav salad places and I used to order them twice/thrice in a week ;)
I guess one of the foods that I miss most after relocating is salad, so finally, I got around to making this Mediterranean Chickpea Tuna Salad the other day.
This Mediterranean salad is something that you can whip up easily at home. Though I've given the measurements, use it as a guideline and you can adjust the quantities to suit your taste.
The chickpeas and tuna combo is a good one and quite filling too. You can customise this salad and add veggies of your choice.
Here is the recipe…
- 1 – 1.5 cups Cooked Chickpeas (refer notes)
- 1 can Tuna (refer notes)
- 1 medium Onion (sliced)
- 1 small – medium Cucumber (diced)
- 1 medium – big Tomato (diced, refer notes)
- 1/4 -1/3 cup Crumbled feta cheese
- 8-10 Pitted Olives (optional)
- A couple of salad leaves (optional)
- 2 tbsp Chopped Parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients except feta cheese, olive oil and lemon juice in a wide and deep bowl.
- In a small cup combine extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper. Drizzle this over the mixed salad and sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese.