Well, I promised you a salad recipe in the last post, here it is.
Let me tell you something, please use this recipe as a guideline and customise it to suit your preferences. I first tasted this chopped salad during one of my US trips. I loved the idea and since then I make it at home often.
There is no set list of ingredients, I just use whatever I've and it's one way of using up all the veggies and fruits in the fridge ;) I've just eyeballed the measurements to give you an idea, there is no fixed recipe to follow as such.
However, this is one of my fav ways to eat all the greens and I hope you'll also enjoy this salad.
Interested in more salad recipes, check out here.
Here is the recipe…
- 2 cans Tuna (100 gms, each)
- 2 cups Baby spinach (chopped)
- 2 cups Arugula / Rocket leaves (chopped)
- 1 small - medium Apple (chopped)
- 1 small - medium Cucumber (chopped)
- 1 small Onion (chopped)
- 1 small - medium Avocado (chopped)
- 2-3 Pitted Dates (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin / Sunflower seeds (optional, refer notes)
- For the dressing
- 2 - 3 tbsp Mayonnaise / Greek Yogurt / Labneh (whisked )
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt (refer notes)
- Take a large size mixing bowl. Whisk the mayo / greek yogurt / labneh till it's smooth. Drizzle the olive oil and whisk till it's combined. Season with salt (refer notes) and pepper.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. You can top it with croutons or grated parmesan cheese if you like.