For those of you, who are visiting this space for the first time, we moved from Bahrain to Kochi recently and I don't have an oven at my new place.
I tried buying an oven, but the models am looking for are not available. Thanks to Corona, many people have discovered their love for baking and ovens are high in demand!
Anyways, I asked for suggestions about oven brands on social media and got a wonderful response. So, I thought after all the “oven talk” let me share a beautiful baking recipe.
This Crazy Crust Chicken Pizza is something you can try… if you are looking for a variety of savory bake which is not complicated but looks fab! It tastes just as good as it looks. It's called a crazy crust pizza because there is no yeast or kneading. The pizza base is made in a blender/mixie, yes, you heard it right ;)
It's so easy to put together, even new bakers can make it just like that. It's good for weekend brunch or movie marathons or Netflix parties.
If you are a fan of savoury bakes, please do try it.
Here is the recipe…
Recipe from here
Crazy Crust Chicken Pizza
- For the crust:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian spice
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- For the pizza sauce:
- 1 large tomato (pureed)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder or to taste
- 1/2 cube maggi chicken stock
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Pepper powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- For the chicken:
- 300 g chicken breast cut into small strips.
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3 green chillies
- Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- To assemble:
- Mozzarella cheese
- Corn (optional)
- Olives (optional)
- To make the chicken mixture:
- Marinate chicken with chilli powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan. Shallow fry the marinated chicken pieces and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add more oil if needed and sauté the onions and green chillies for few minutes till soft. Add salt.
- Add chicken back to the pan along with onions and mix. Pour soya sauce. Mix well.
- Add coriander leaves and cover and cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- To make the sauce:
- In a pan add butter and oil, sauté the onions till soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Add red chilli powder and pepper.
- Add tomato paste and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the tomato purée along with crushed stock cube. Add salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves.
- To make the crust:
- Add all the ingredients in the blender and blend well till everything is combined. Do not overmix, because the crust will get hard.
- To assemble:
- In a 9 by 13 inch well greased and lined pan, pour the batter. Add the chicken mix along with corn and olives. Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degree C.
- Take out and spread the sauce. Add the mozzarella cheese.
- Keep it back in the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes. In the last 5 minutes, turn on the top flame and let the cheese melt.
- Take out and serve.
- You can add any topping to the pizza. You can make a pepperoni pizza, alfredo pizza, ranch pizza…you name it.
- But follow the crust recipe as it is and add the topping to the crust batter.
- If you prefer a very thin crust, use a bigger pan.
- Keep a close watch while you broil it since the cheese can get burnt easily.