Christmas is almost here!
Here's something that you can whip up quickly for dessert.
The highlight of this No-Bake Apple Crumble Pudding is its different textures. You have a light cinnamony apple filling, followed by a creamy custard layer topped with a biscuit and nuts crumble.
If you are not an apple fan, you can use any fav fruit of your choice and it's eggless too.
I do hope you give this simple yet delicious and fab looking dessert a try.
We, Jose and Maria, Wish You and Your Loved Ones a Very Merry Christmas!
Btw, have you decided what to cook for MariasMenu Giveaway?
Here is the recipe…
No Bake Apple Crumble Pudding
A quick and easy no bake dessert with apple filling, creamy custard layer topped with a biscuit and nuts crumble.Print Pin
- For The Custard
- 1/2 ltr Full fat milk
- 3 tbsp Custard powder
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Whipping cream
- For The Fruit Filling
- 3 medium Apples (peeled, cored and cubed)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 -1/2 cup Water
- For The Crumble Topping
- 10-12 Goodday biscuits (coarsely crushed)
- 1/2 cup Grated coconut
- 1/3 cup Chopped cashew nuts
- 1-2 tbsp Butter
- 1-2 tbsp Sugar
- For The Topping
- 1/2 cup Whipping cream
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp Sugar
- To make the custard:
- Measure out 3/4 cup of milk from the total quantity (1/2 ltr) and mix with the custard powder. Boil the rest of the milk with the sugar. Once it boils, add custard mix and gently stir. Cook on the lowest flame for 5 mins, until the mixture thickens. Remove from fire.
- Once the mixture is cooled completely, add cream and beat well until the mixture is thick and creamy. Chill until required.
- To make the filling:
- Combine all the ingredients for the fruit filling in a wide pan. Bring it to boil and simmer and cook till the apples are done. Let it cool.
- To make the crumble:
- Melt butter in a wide pan. Add the rest of the crumble ingredients, except sugar. Cook on low-medium flame, until it browns nicely and becomes crunchy. Once the mixture cools down, add sugar and mix well.
- To make the topping
- Whip the cream with sugar, until soft peak forms. Chill until required.
- Take individual serving bowls (around 6 medium size bowls).
- The first layer is the fruit filling, followed by the custard (refer notes). Top it with crumble and repeat the layers. The final layer is whipped cream. Sprinkle some crumble on top. Chill for 6-8 hours or overnight.
You can use pineapple instead of apple. You will need 1 big pineapple for this recipe. I used gala apples for this recipe. Instead of Whipping Cream, you can use regular Amul cream too. I used a pastry bag while layering the custard. You can use Nice biscuits/digestives instead of Goodday biscuits. The dessert keeps well in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Tried this recipe? Let others know by…mentioning @mariasmenu or tagging #mariasmenu