I'm posting here after a small break, well not just here, I was absent in MM social media pages too. It was an unplanned/unexpected break, let's just say, life happened and leave it at that!
So, how are you guys holding up? How's the lockdown going in your part of the world? I do hope you are safe, healthy and happy (as much as one can, considering the circumstances)
Here's an Apple Fritter Bread recipe which I baked sometime ago. We loved the flavor, texture and taste of the cake! Apple and Cinnamon is a classic combination and add a buttery cake to the mix, it cant go wrong, right?
It's perfect with a cuppa and you can have it for breakfast or as a snack or if you are entertaining friends and family (well, that sounds like a bizzare idea in the present times ;))
The cake has a caramelised crusty apple top and a juicy apple filling in the middle of a tender buttery sponge. I hope this description gets you baking this at the earliest.
Here is the recipe…
Recipe from here
Apple Fritter Bread
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (divided)
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples (peeled and diced)
- 2/3 cup (plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided)
- 1/2 cup salted butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×5- inch loaf pan with baking spray. Line the bottom and up the short sides with parchment paper. Spray again. Set aside.
- Prepare cinnamon sugar mixture by combining brown sugar with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and mixing well. Set aside.
- Prepare apple mixture by combining apples with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the butter and 2/3 cup granulated sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and vanilla and mix until blended, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour and baking powder until incorporated.
- Add in the milk and mix until just combined. Don’t over-mix.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Distribute half of the apple mixture on top of the batter. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the apples. Using the end of a dull knife, gently swirl the brown sugar mixture and the apples into the batter.
- Pour remaining batter into the pan, followed by the remaining apple mixture and remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Again, gently swirl the sugar and apple mixture into the batter. If needed press the apples into the batter. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then gently run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the loaf. Remove the bread from the pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and milk until well combined. Drizzle over bread.
3 thoughts on “Apple Fritter Bread”
Just wondering if we can use a round tin instead of the loaf pan???
Yes, you can use a round tin. Hope you get to try this soon.
I tried it came out so so good. I used the square loaf pan. I love following your recipes cause they are simple and easy to follow. I have followed a lot of recipes by other bloggers…. But has never comes out as good as yours. I know if I follow Ur recipe, I can never go wrong or the end result will be amazeballs. MM recipes Dhariyam ayittu parikshekyam is what I tell my friends . ….!;
So thank U. Unfortunately I can’t see an option to upload the pic of my bread.