“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;” (Ecclesiastes: 3)
Looks like it’s blogging season again! Its time for me to start bombarding your inbox again, with updates from Mariasmenu :) Before that …
“I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks” – William Shakespeare
I’m at loss of words to thank you, so I decided to borrow some words from wiser people. In my previous post I told you I was double minded about sharing what had happened. I’m glad that I shared it with you. Your support & prayers & blessings indeed helped & strengthened us. You were kind enough to share your experience with us too. We felt truly blessed to receive so much prayers, love & care from you. Once again thanks a billion for your support & prayers.
With new hopes and new dreams for this year, let me share the first food post of 2011 with you. I wanted to start with something sweet and this cookie recipe has been in draft for long time. Since its chocolate it can be included in the “V” day celebration also. I Know its a bit late, but never mind ;) That reminds me… I didnt ask you… what are your plans for the V day? Do you you usually celebrate or do you think its over rated?
I know what you are wondering… whether me and Jose celebrate it or not. We are neither here nor there. We don’t celebrate it nor denounce it. It’s like a spur of the moment thing. Anyways this year with both of us in different places, (Jose is in Bahrain & I’m in Cochin) there’s no celebration as such. That doesn’t stop me from wishing you a Very Happy Valentines Day. Have fun!
So here comes our recipe. It’s a cookie version of brownie. Though its a pretty simple & easy one, the addition of 3 different types of chocolate makes it special too :). Now you feel like having a bite into that chocolatey goodness with a glass of chilled milk, dont you ;)
Here you go:
- 250 gms Butter (softened)
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup Caster sugar (165gm)
- 3/4 cup Firmly packed brown sugar (165 gm)
- 1 Egg (@ room temp)
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder (25gm)
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/3 cup Finely chopped roasted hazelnuts (45gm)
- 2/3 cup Coarsely chopped dark eating chocolate (120 gm)
- 2/3 cup Coarsely chopped milk eating chocolate (120 gm)
- 2/3 cup Coarsely chopped white eating chocolate (120gm)
- Preheat oven to 180 C/ 160 C fan-forced. Grease oven trays & line with baking paper. Beat butter, extract, sugars & egg in a small bowl with electric mixer until light & fluffy; transfer to large bowl. Stir in sifted flour, cocoa & soda in two batches. Stir in nuts & chocolate. Roll level tablespoons of dough into balls; place about 5 cm apart on oven trays. Bake about 12 mins. Cool on trays.
- Makes about 48
Substitution for Caster sugar:
to get 1 cup caster sugar. process 1 cup granulated sugar (usual sugar) in a food processor/mixer until fine, but don’t powder it like icing sugar. (source: http://www.joyofbaking.com/IngredientSubstitution.html)
Australian Women's Weekly Cookies & Biscuits