Do you’ve this habit of munching something sweet after lunch or dinner? If you know what I’m talking about it, you’ll know it’s almost like an addiction, right? You feel like you need to have something sweet otherwise it feels incomplete. Well, it’s not a good feeling and it’s not a good habit, but somethings you just can't help.
So a few years ago, when I wanted to cut down my sugar intake, I was looking for some healthy alternatives and that’s how I came across this recipe. I wanted something healthy but at the same time I didn't want any strange or unheard or expensive ingredients, on a regular basis. This recipe ticks all those boxes, it’s ingredients are easily accessible and not too expensive.
If you are looking to make some changes in your eating habits, like cutting down on sugar and such, this is a great start. It actually helped me a lot to cover my sugar cravings. Give it a try and see for yourself!
Also, it kinda reminds me of some dry fruit laddu which I had had during some Diwali time, if you skip the cocoa powder.
Anyways, here you go with the recipe…
Recipe from here
Please read the “notes” section before you proceed with the recipe.
- 100 g Dates ((Pitted) Refer Notes)
- 50 g Cashews ((1/3 cup heaped approx))
- 30 g Raisins ((1/4 cup leveled approx))
- 3/4 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract / Essence (Optional)
- Begin by combining the dates, cashew nuts and raisins in your food processor. Process the ingredients until the nuts are roughly chopped.
- Then add the cocoa powder and vanilla. Process until your ingredients form a sticky ball.
- To make it into bars/ squares: put the ball on baking paper and cover with another baking paper and roll it out. cover the rolled out dough with cling film and roll once gain. refrigerate. Cut into squares or bars.
- Or you can shape the sticky ball into small balls for quick bite-size energy balls and refrigerate.
5 thoughts on “No Bake Energy Balls (Bites Or Bars)”
Will try?.pls post Ellunda recepie .I have three kg from our small farm.
Awesome, I will ask my daughter to try this energy bar recipe.
It looks very delicious. I am going to make it tomorrow on my husband’s birthday
Thanks Julie :) Hope you got to try it and the b’day boy liked it.
Marvelous, easy to make healthy and nourishing.
Thanks for this excellent recipe.