First post of 2019! I know it's a bit late, but I promise you that this recipe will make up for it ;)
I considered different recipes as the first post of this year and finally out of nowhere this cake recipe happened! I was thinking something healthy, since everyone is still hanging (or so I think) on to their new year resolutions and I don't wanna spoil it. Well, since it took me this long to post, I thought I should share something that's worth the wait.
So, it was our Anniversary last Wednesday and I baked this cake. I wanted a plain but not too plain cake. This one worked out beautifully. It's a plain cake but at the same time packed with wonderful flavors of lemon and almond. Also, it's good looking too ;)
Now, about the cake, it's a very simple and basic recipe. No complicated steps whatsoever… The flavors of lemon and almond pairs really well and the addition of almond flour gives a beautiful texture to the cake. The topping of toasted almonds gives a crunchiness and the lemon syrup keeps the cake wonderfully moist.
I do hope you give this recipe a try and love it like we did.
Recipe from here
Lemon And Almond Cake
For the lemon almond cake:For the cake:
- 1 cup Unsalted butter / 2 sticks / 227 gms (softened)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs (at room temp)
- 2 tbsp Lemon zest
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1 cup Plain flour / maida
- 1 cup Almond flour (refer notes to see how to make it at home)
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Almonds slices or slivers
For the lemon syrup:
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven at 180 C, 10 mins before baking. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Beat after each addition.
- Mix in the lemon juice and zest.
- Mix flours, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch baking pan and sprinkle on the almonds before baking in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the top is lightly golden brown and a toothpick pushed into the centre comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- For the lemon syrup:Simmer the sugar and lemon juice until the sugar has dissolved. Let the cake cool for 20 minutes, puncture it all over the top with a thin knife and pour the lemon syrup over the cake and let it soak in before serving warm.
5 thoughts on “Lemon And Almond Cake”
Hi the almond lemon cake was delicious…did not cook in centre though toothpick came out clean…I use a fan forced oven…do u use fan forced…I may need to alter my oven to lower setting..thanks
Hi Maria, I tried this cake and it came out so well. My family loved it. Thanks for another great recipe! :)
You are welcome :) Great to know that your family loved this cake. Thank you so much for leaving a comment here!
A happy new year Maria.Thank u for sharing I am sure a delicious recipe. Pls be kind to add an ingredient converter at the end of the list of ingredients for your subscribers who would like to use the metric system.
Thank you so much for your wishes :) Am really sorry for the delayed reply. I was away for sometime. Please check out the below link for conversion, hope it helps…