Ready for a hot cup of soup?
Veg option is explained in the Notes section
In a deep bowl, combine chicken stock and sweet corn. Bring it to a boil. Reduce the flame to low and add cornflour. Mix well. Cook for 2-3 mins…
Drizzle the beaten egg through a strainer. Cook for 2-3 mins…
Add cooked chicken, soya and vinegar if using. Cook for 2-3 mins. Add pepper powder, salt and sugar. Mix well and remove from fire. Garnish with chopped spring onion…
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Sweet corn
- 3/4 cup Cooked chicken (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 Beaten egg
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp Vinegar (refer notes, optional)
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 250 gms Chicken
- 1 small -medium Onion (chopped)
- 1.5 tsp Chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp Chopped celery
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 3.5 cups Water
- For Soup
- Mix the cornflour with 1/4 cup water and keep aside. In a deep bowl, combine chicken stock and sweet corn. Bring it to a boil. Reduce the flame to low and add cornflour. Mix well. Cook for 2-3 mins. Drizzle the beaten egg through a strainer. Cook for 2-3 mins. Add cooked chicken, soya and vinegar if using. Cook for 2-3 mins. Add pepper powder, salt and sugar. Mix well and remove from fire.
- For chicken stock
- Combine all the ingredients except water in a deep pan and mix well. Add water and bring it to a boil. Remove the white foam formed on the top. Reduce to low flame and let it cook for 20-25 mins.
- If you want to store the stock for later use, let it cool down completely. Pour it on ice tray and freeze it. Once it is set, store the stock cubes in ziplock bags in freezer.
This soup has a medium thick consistency. If you prefer a thicker version, use 3 tbsp cornflour and for a thinner version use 1 tbsp cornflour. For a veg option, use veg stock and you can also add veggies like cooked carrot and beans along with sweet corn and follow the rest of the recipe. I add vinegar to the soup for acidity and punch. If you dont like the taste you can avoid it. When you add the egg, make sure you drizzle it through the strainer otherwise it will be chunky. You can use the frozen chicken stock cubes while making noodles, pasta etc; It gives more flavour to the dish. I used the chicken breast to make the stock. You can also use leftover bone pieces of a chicken to make stock, that adds more flavour.
Tried this recipe? Let others know by...mentioning @mariasmenu or tagging #mariasmenu
Pages: 1 2
11 thoughts on “Sweet Corn Chicken Soup”
You are welcome dear :) Great to know that you’ve been trying recipes from here for more than two years. Please do say my thanks to your sis for introducing MM to you..
I do hope you get to try the soup soon and like it too..
dear maria.. i tried dis and my family loved it more than those frm restaurants… tanku so much for postin dis.
Thank you so much Liz! Great to know that your family enjoyed this dish :)
For veg soup what to add instead of egg ? I have tried many recipes but the soups dont taste like the ones from knorr or maggi. What is the secret ingredient in them which makes that base?Also pls tell me the ing. for veg stock.
Now that’s a difficult question for me :(( I’m not sure what you can add in place of egg.
I dont use Knorr or Maggie soup, so I’m not very familiar with it. But I guess they must be adding some flavour enhancers for the taste.
You can add any veggies of your choice and follow the recipe for chicken stock.
Wow this looks delicious ,will make it this week as it cold here in Dubai :)
Thanks Sangeetha :) Did you get a chance to make the soup? Hope you liked it..
Hey Maria…Tried out the chicken soup yesterday..but that was the older version where vinegar and soya was not ter..but it turned out well….:)..will try out the new version soon..I also tried the stuffed chicken bun ..it was just yummmmm..I have the pics with me..will send it to you soon..thanks for the wonderful recipes
Thanks a bunch for the comment! You can try out the new version of the soup when time permits. Hope you’ll like it.
I’d love to see the pic of recipes you tried from here.
I am really bad with photography and presentation :)..not everyone can be an all rounder like you na :)..hehe…but most of the time even before I could take a pic, my husband attacks on the dish…so I dont have pics of everything that I have tried out..But will def make it a point to take pics from now..for now pls find below some of the pics…
Thanks a gain for sharing those pics with me :) I’ll add it on FB soon, keep watching the space.