First post of 2022! How about a spicy chicken fry recipe to kickstart the year?
What I loved about this recipe is its simplicity. The flavor comes from shallots, garlic, and dry red chilies. It's a breeze to make this dish and it's packed with flavors.
You can have it as a starter or add some coconut milk to make it a bit saucy. We had it with some coconut rice and it paired beautifully.
This recipe is from kannammacooks and I trust Suguna's recipes so much that I didn't change a single thing from the original recipe.
Hope you get to try this soon and like it too.
Here is the recipe…
Recipe from here
- 500 grams chicken with bone
- 150 grams Indian Shallots (chinna vengayam (around 15 small onions))
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 12 dried Red chillies
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 5 sprigs Curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup coconut (chopped)
- FOR THE GARNISH
- 2 sprigs Curry leaves
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves (chopped)
- Grind shallots and garlic in a mixie / blender until its a coarse paste.
- Heat Oil in a non stick pan. Add in the chopped dried red chillies and add it to the pan. Add in the the ground shallot garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add in the chicken, chopped coconut, curry leaves, turmeric and salt.
- Keep the flame on low and keep frying the chicken for 30-40 minutes. The chicken should be totally dry after 40 minutes. Once the chicken has become fully roasted and the dish is dry, switch off the flame.
- garnish with fresh curry leaves and the coriander leaves.