Here is the recipe…
For non veg canapes
- Savoury crackers - I used garlic and herb flavour
- Sliced pepperoni
- Sliced cheese
- Italian seasoning
For veg canapes
- Savoury crackers
- Red (green and yellow capsicum - finely chopped)
- Onion - finely chopped
- Coriander/mint leaves - finely chopped
- Chat masala
- Grated cheese
- Non Veg Canapes
- Top each cracker with 1 slice each pepperoni and cheese. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Place 8 topped crackers on microwaveable plate.
- Microwave on HIGH 10 to 15 sec. or until cheese begins to melt. Repeat with remaining topped crackers. Serve warm.
- Veg Canapes
- Combine together all chopped veggies. Place a small portion of this on each cracker. Sprinkle grated cheese and chat masala on each cracker. It's ready to serve.
I used a flower shape cookie cutter to cut out the cheese for non veg canape. I used thick slice of mozarella cheese. You can use any cheese of your choice. Since the fat/juice from the pepperoni splashes during microwave, do not use the serving plate for MW. I didnt add salt for the chopped veggies in the veg cracker, since there is salt in the cheese and chat masala. However if you wish you can do the same. But if you add salt to the chopped veggies and keep, water might ooze out from it. So it's better to add salt (if using) before serving. You can use any seasoning of your choice instead of chat masala. Also you can use veggies like tomato, corn etc; For readers in the Gulf, I used Garden brand savoury crackers.