This is something that I make very often. I’ve listed out some of the reasons why I make it…
- I make it when I’ve some left over cooked pasta or veggies
- I make it when I need to do a fridge clean up and use bits and pieces of carrot, tomato or cheese
- I make it when I’m busy so that I don’t have to spend too much time in the kitchen
- I make it when I want to eat something filling, something rich, but not too much of an indulgence too, got the point?
- Finally, we both just love this dish
Ok, I do hope by now you are convinced to give this recipe a try. This is a very versatile recipe. You can add any veggies or meat of your choice. You can make it as simple or as extravagant you want. You can have a decent filling, healthy meal with minimum efforts. Period.
Here is the recipe…
Whisk together milk & eggs…
Add all the veggies and salt and pepper, mix well…
Add pasta and gently mix…
Heat oil (or butter, if using) a medium size frying pan. Add the egg mixture and drizzle tabasco sauce (if using). Cover and cook for 3-4 mins on low flame. Cook till the base is set and cooked…
Transfer carefully to a microwave safe plate. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and MW on high for 1-2 mins, till the eggs are cooked completely…
Please make sure to read the notes before you proceed with the recipe.
- 3 Eggs (I used 3 egg whites & 2 whole eggs)
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Chopped onion
- 2-3 tbsp Grated carrot
- 3 Olives (sliced)
- 2 tbsp Cooked mushroom & spinach (each)
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Cooked pasta
- 1 tbsp Chopped parsley
- 2-3 tbsp Grated cheese (you can use parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar, gouda,monterey jack)
- a dash Tabasco sauce
- Oil / Butter - for cooking the omelet (I used olive oil)
- Whisk together milk & eggs. Add all the veggies and salt and pepper, mix well. Add pasta and gently mix.
- Heat oil (or butter, if using) a medium size frying pan. Add the egg mixture and splash of tabasco sauce (if using). Cover and cook for 3-4 mins on low flame. Once the base is cooked and set, transfer carefully to a microwave safe plate. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and MW on high for 1-2 mins, till the eggs are cooked completely.
- Serve hot with some toasted bread.