Here is the recipe..
Carrot And Tomato SoupPrint
- 1 big Carrot sliced
- 3 med-big Tomato sliced
- 1 small-medium Onion sliced
- 1/2 tsp Chopped garlic
- 1 Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Whole black pepper
- 3 cups Water
- 4 Small onion / Pearl onion sliced
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 tbsp Chopped coriander leaves
- Oil I used olive oil
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add chopped garlic, sliced onion, tomato, carrot, black pepper , cardamom seeds and salt. Cook for 3-4 mins and add water. Bring it to a boil and close the pressure cooker.
- Cook on high flame for 4 whistles. Switch off the gas and keep the cooker closed till the pressure drops, around 10-15 mins.
- Separate the cooked veggies and the stock. Let the veggies cool to room temp. Grind the cooled veggies along with 1/2 cup of stock to a smooth paste.
- Mix the ground veggies and the remaining stock in a deep vessel. Bring it to a boil and reduce the flame to lowest and cook till it becomes slightly thick, around 8-10 mins. Do a taste test and add more salt and pepper if you require.
- You can also adjust the consistency of the soup by adding more hot water for a thinner consistency or cooking a bit longer for a thicker version.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the sliced small onion. Fry till it turns golden brown. Crush the fried onion and add it to the soup along with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
For a creamier version of the soup, you can add some hot milk in the end. The soup keeps well in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Do a taste test of your tomato before adding and adjust the qty accordingly to get your preferred level of tanginess.