I have been getting requests from some of my readers to post more veg recipes. Though I make normal veg dishes frequently, I somehow was not convinced about blogging about it, thinking that it is everyday stuff and nobody would be interested in that…. but I guess I was proved wrong … anyways here is a veg recipe, its not that everyday stuff, but at the same time its not something extraordinary also…
I have made this a few times before, but couldn’t take the photo at that time…. this recipe is from Sanjeev Kapoor’s Khazana of Indian Recipes. This goes well with roti, plain rice and pulav.
Recipe for Mushroom Peas Masala:
- Mushroom - 200 gms
- Peas - 1½ cups (I used frozen peas)
- Onion - 2 big (thinly sliced)
- Cardamom - 4
- Cinnamon - 1 med size piece
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp each
- Tomato paste - ½ cup
- Chilly powder - 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Cashew nut paste - ½ cup
- Cut mushroom into bite size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan & add cardamom, cinnamon & onion. Stir it till the onion turns golden brown colour. Add ginger garlic paste and stir for a few minutes. Add tomato paste along with spice powders and cook till the oil starts appearing.
- Mix the cashew nut paste with one cup water and add to the curry. When it starts boiling add sliced mushroom & peas. Cook till the vegetables are done.
- For cashew nut paste, soak 10-15 cashew nuts in warm water for 10 minutes and grind it with a little water. The gravy tends to be thick after sometime, so adjust the quantity of gravy accordingly.
Please check out the photo of this curry made by Ambily Thomas, one of MariasMenu readers. Thank you dear :)