Usually during Christmas and Easter time, I get emails from you asking what’s my special menu. Because of my blog, people assume that I’ll be cooking up a feast for Christmas and Easter. Well, let me tell you a secret… most of the time, I hardly cook anything during festive season. Either we celebrate it with friends or we go out. I’ve this weird habit.. I dont like to cook during festive occasion, I just wanna enjoy the day without worrying about the menu!
The only exception to that, is I make something sweet, a cake or a dessert. It’s my back up plan, just in case somebody drops in to wish us. So this is what I made this year.
It’s a very easy dessert to put together. It’s an ideal dessert, if you’re planning a party for a large group. You can whip up a fabulous looking and tasting dessert without much effort, sounds great, right? I got this recipe from my dear friend and neigbour Sonia. She made this dessert for us one Christmas and we both, Jose and myself were instant fans of this dessert!
I love these kind of recipes, where there is no cooking or baking involved. Just put together some wonderful ingredients and you are good to go!
Step by step pictures…
Dissolve the lemon jello in 2 cups of hot water. Stir well. Keep it aside. Combine cream cheese, thick cream, sugar and vanilla essence using a whisk…
Fold in the jello mix to the cheese mixture until it’s combined well. Pour this mixture over the crumb base. Refrigerate it till it sets, around 4-5 hrs. Spread the blueberry filling on top of the set dessert…
- Lemon Jello – 3 packets of 85 gms each
- Salted butter – 200 gms
- Hot water – 2 cups
- Digestive biscuit crumbs – 3 cups (refer notes)
- Cream cheese – 325 gms (full fat or fat free, refer notes for substitute)
- Thick cream – 750 ml (refer notes)
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Vanilla essence – 2 tsp
- Blueberry topping/filling – 1 can of 595 gms
- For the base
- Melt the butter. Add the melted butter to biscuit crumbs. Layer the serving dish with this crumb and butter mixture. Press it down using your fingers. Keep it aside.
- For the cheesecake
- Dissolve the lemon jello in 2 cups of hot water. Stir well. Keep it aside. Combine cream cheese, thick cream, sugar and vanilla essence using a whisk. Fold in the jello mix to the cheese mixture until it’s combined well. This mixture is liquidy.
- Pour this mixture over the crumb base. Refrigerate it till it sets, around 4-5 hrs. You can set it overnight also.
- Spread the blueberry filling on top of the set dessert.