Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- 200 gms Tomato - 200gm
- 2 cups Medium coconut milk - 2 cups
- Clove -4 Cardamom - 4 Cinnamon - 1 medium stick
- 3 tbsp Ghee or refined oil - 3 tablespoon
- Clean & soak the rice for 25 minutes. Drain out the water completely. Make puree with the tomatoes. Mix the tomato puree with coconut milk & keep it aside. Heat ghee in a pan & splutter the whole masalas.Add rice & fry it for 5 minutes. When the rice starts cracking add coconut & tomato puree mix. Add salt. Remove from the fire when rice is done & when coconut milk is completely dried. Garnish with tomato.
Tried this recipe? Let others know by...mentioning @mariasmenu or tagging #mariasmenu
3 thoughts on “Tomato Pulav”
How to make tomato puree
Just blanche the tomatoes and grind them.
Just made this rice now…..really simple to make, I did add some green chillies & coriander leaves tho. Thank U:-))