A simple and refreshing salad with Pasta and Vegetables. It's a quick and easy recipe that you can make with some left over pasta. You can add your choice of veggies or meat or boiled egg or even tuna to make it more wholesome.
Here is the recipe…
- 1 cup Pasta
- 2 cups Vegetables *
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1-2 tsp Mustard powder / paste
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- Cook the pasta in 2 cups of water with 1 tsp olive oil & salt. Drain the water completely & let it cool.
- Beat the yogurt well and add 1 tsp olive oil, mustard powder/paste, sugar, pepper powder & salt. Combine well. Add the cooled pasta and veggies. Mix well so that the pasta and veggies are coated with the yogurt dressing. Refrigerate for 2 hours, serve chilled.
- For the healthier version, use brown/organic pasta and no/low fat yogurt.
- * You can use any veggies that you like, though I strongly recommend capsicum and celery since it gives a special flavor. I have used carrot, cucumber, capsicum, spring onion, celery & lettuce.
Update on 16/08/09: Below is the picture sent by Annu, one of my readers, who has tried out this recipe. Thought of sharing it with you :) Thanks a lot Annu for trying this recipe and also for the picture :)