Here is the recipe:
- 500 ml Buttermilk (moru / laban) ( @ room temperature)
- 4-5 Small onion / Pearl onion
- 2 tsp Chopped Ginger
- 3-4 Green chili (slit lengthwise)
- 2 Dry Red chili
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Mustard
- A pinch Fenugreek
- Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pan & splutter mustard & fenugreek seeds. Add red chili, small onion, ginger, green chili, curry leaves. Fry it for 1-2 minutes. Add turmeric powder & salt. Mix well.
- Add buttermilk and stir. Stir continuously until the steam comes through the spatula. Dont let it boil. It will take around 5-7 minutes. After removing from gas, stir for a few more minutes.
It can be refrigerated for 3-4 days. It's important that the buttermilk should be at room temperature, otherwise it may curdle. I use low fat buttermilk. If you are using full fat buttermilk, you can add around 1/4 cup water also. I used Al Marai laban to make this