Here is the recipe…
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Ready made tomato puree / paste
- 1.5 - 2 tsp Grated / crushed garlic
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp Vinegar
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- Oil ( I used Olive oil)
- Blanch the tomatoes (put them in boiling water for around 10 mins and peel the skin). Chop the blanched tomatoes and grind to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add crushed/grated garlic. Stir it till it turns golden brown in colour. Add the rest of the ingredients to it. Mix well and let it boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 mins, stirring continuously, until it is reduced in qty and thick enough to spread without being runny.
- Discard the bay leaf. Let it cool completely and store in an airtight container. This yields around 3/4 -1 cup of pizza sauce.
You can store it in the fridge for 2-3 weeks. You can also finely chop the blanched tomato, instead of grinding it. I used 1/2 cup of ready made tomato paste for the above qty.