Are you a fan of Broccoli?
For me, it was an acquired taste. My initial thought about broccoli was, it's bland. However, I decided to try it again and I figured I was cooking it wrong!
I have a tendency to overcook things and that's what I did with broccoli too. So, once I got it right, it was a different story. Also, I figured out broccoli and parmesan are meant to be BFF's!
So about Broccoli Fritters, if you like the combination of broccoli and parmesan am sure you'll love this recipe. This is a good choice for veg appetiser/starter. It's very easy to put together and cooking time is minimal.
Even non-broccoli fans like Jose and my Amma enjoyed this, so do give it a try and let me know what you think?
Recipe from here
Here is the recipe…
- 1 lb (450 gms) Steamed broccoli florets (refer instructions)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp. Plain flour (maida)
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Oil (I used sunflower oil)
- Bring a medium-sized pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and cook them just until they are fork-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the broccoli well and transfer them to a cutting board. Using a large, sharp knife, cut them into very small pieces.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the chopped broccoli, eggs, Parmesan, flour, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined.
- Place a cast iron or non-stick pan over medium heat until hot. Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan (a non-stick pan needs less oil). Scoop out 2- to 3-tablespoon mounds of the broccoli mixture into the pan, flattening the mounds slightly with a spatula and spacing them about one inch apart.
- Cook the fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, flip them once, and cook them for an additional 1 to 2 minutes until they’re golden brown and cooked through. (*See recipe note below for baking instructions).
- Serve warm with yogurt or sour cream. (we had it with ketchup)
If you wish to bake these broccoli fritters instead, follow steps 1-3. Once you have arranged the fritters on the hot, oven-safe skillet, place them in the preheated to 425 F oven, and bake for 10-13 minutes. Make sure you don't overcook the broccoli and also drain the water completely otherwise it will be mushy when you cut them. I used a non-stick pan and used only 1-2 tbsp of oil and shallow-fried them. You can steam the broccoli 1-2 days in advance and refrigerate them.
Tried this recipe? Let others know by…mentioning @mariasmenu or tagging #mariasmenu
3 thoughts on “Broccoli Fritters”
Should we steam broccoli and also cook in boil water..
You can either steam it or boil it.
CAN YOU SEND JACK FRUIT RECIPIES? THKS